domingo, 25 de enero de 2009

Roller-Coaster Ride

This past week was amazingly emotional for me. If you read my post below, last weekend was eventful with Ez having a temperature of 103, at one point, and the feeling of helplessness for my 22 month old. Hope grew though with Monday being MLK Day and Tuesday an amazing day in History, plus Tues. was my wife's birthday. Tuesday morning rolled around and I was excited to celebrate my wife's birthday with her and the boys as well as witness history in the works. Then the emotions go thrown an unexpected twist as I got news that a friend and boss for many years lost his brother unexpectedly that morning, at the age of 47. I don't know how to put it into words the feeling I was going through; joy and pain and excitement. How can all three of those be felt at one time.

Thursday I took the family for a day trip to Portland for yet another emotional ride. Katey's grandma had past away last week and we went down for the memorial service. Being with extended family was what we needed. The memorial service was amazing and encouraging to know the peace of our Savior rest right here with us. Even in a time of mourning we could rejoice in the life Grandma had lived and the memories she left us.

So today starts a new week of hopefully more joy then pain, more laughs then tears.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario