domingo, 8 de junio de 2008

Setting Your Mind

I am a true believer in "You can do anything, if you set your mind to it". Growing up as a kid I always wanted to be some sort of mechanic. I would always take things apart to figure out how they worked and put them back together. I even planned that I would be a mechanical engineer when I grew up. The last part didn't come true, and I would trade what I am doing now for the world, but I am still always taking things apart and trying to fix them.

The one thing I never got take apart or work on much was cars. The only thing I knew about cars was how to change oil, fix a flat, and rotate tires. I never fixed engines with my dad in the garage, or changed brakes on the cars....UNTIL this weekend. The brakes on Katey's car need to be replaced and the places I called and talked to wanted at least $300. I decided that I would change the brakes myself, it couldn't be that hard. With a little help from google, a phone call to a family mechanic friend back in CO, I changed the brakes myself. It was actually really easy and it only cost me $60!

Look out, I'm on a roll now...Next up rebuilding that '69 Chevy Camero SS I've always wanted!!!

2 comentarios:

  1. Gustavo Fernández16 de junio de 2008, 7:51

    Very true, but keep in mind the time it took you to do all this, remember the tenets of outsourcing, what could you have been doing during that time.Just checking in brother, making sure you "Get Free"!Have a great week.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Gustavo Fernández16 de junio de 2008, 7:51

    Very true, but keep in mind the time it took you to do all this, remember the tenets of outsourcing, what could you have been doing during that time.Just checking in brother, making sure you "Get Free"!Have a great week.

    ResponderEliminar