miércoles, 30 de enero de 2008

Amazingly Humbled

Ever since Katey and I have been married we made an agreement that dinner time would be the one meal of the day that, no matter what, we would have together around the table. Before every meal together we come humbly before God. Lately I have been doing this with Ezra as well. I will hold his hands together and tell him "Fold your hands" and then we will pray together (he still keeps his eyes open). This evening like any other night we sat down at the table and I started to pray. About halfway through Katey starts squeezing my hand (we also hold hands together, trying to get Ezra to hold for longer then a second is a challenge). I think to myself, the words coming out of my mouth must be good, she's agreeing with me. I finish the prayer and look to my right at Ezra and he is sitting in his high-chair with is hands folded. Halfway through the prayer, when Katey started squeezing my hand, he had let go of her hand and folded his hands all on his own. He knew what we were doing and understood. At 10 months to make that connection! Wow, I am amazed and humbled all at the same time.

2 comentarios:

  1. it's so very refreshing to know there are still guys out there that are so very excited about their lives, their wives, and their kids! I can only pray that the man I marry is as dedicated, Godly, and humble as you. Thanks for making me smile!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That's so awesome! Where are some pics of your boy. would love to meet him! :)

    ResponderEliminar